- 1 lamb shoulder, fat rimed and bone cut out (185g)
- 1 tsp butter (5g)
- 1 heaping tsp cream cheese (10g)
- 1/4 cup peeled red peppers, chopped (30g)
- 1 tsp hot red peppers, chopped (2g)
- 2 leaves spinach, finely chopped (8g)
- 1 tsp garam masala (2g)
- 1 pinch each coriander, cardamom, cloves (2g)
- 3 tbs water (45g)
Creamy, spicy and exotic. Makes two servings.
| Nutritional information
1/2 recipe (125g)
| Phosphorus (mg)|| 182 |
| Potassium (mg)|| 310 |
| Sodium (mg)|| 135 |
| Protein (g)|| 36.9 |
| Sugar (g)|| 0.8 |
| Carbohydrates (g)|| 1.3 |
| Water (mL)|| 88 |
| Fibre (g)|| 0.4 |
| Calories|| 216 |
Trim the fat and bone from the lamb shoulder.
Heat up the butter in a small cookpot or frying pan, and brown the dry spices.
Brown the meat.
In a bowl, using a spoon, mix the cream cheese with 1 tsp water until smooth, then add 2 tbs water and mix so more.
Add the cheese/water mixture.
Add the spinach and the sweet and hot peppers. Reduce until the creamy sauce coats the meat without being runny.
Renaldietchef.com is not a diet plan. It is a collection of innovative and delicious recipes
to help you
attain the personalized nutritional goals set by your doctor and your renal dietitian.